South African Institute of Auctioneers (SAIA)
Brief: SAIA required the services of a PR agency to manage the media relations, press conferences, reputation management and internal communication on a retained basis.
- Building the SAIA brand within the media, online and internally.
- Managing SAIA’s reputation, and compiling and distributing regular newsletters and news bulletins to members.
- Responsible for relationship management with media.
- Compiling regular press releases and educational articles to distribute to the media for publication.
- Responsible for the compilation of a quarterly newsletter and ad-hoc news bulletins.
- Managing and arranging all press conferences and media engagements, as well as reputation management on behalf of SAIA.
Brief: Bidders Choice required the services of a PR agency to consult on best content marketing practices, to position them as an industry leader and create awareness of upcoming auctions.
Big Idea was officially appointed as the prefered PR agency for Bidders Choice in 2016.
Big Idea currently assists Bidders Choice to build its brand in print, broadcast, online and social media by developing regular content to educate and inform its target audience in the auction industry. This is aimed to position Bidders Choice as a thought leader within the industry, especially in specific auction fields, such as property and yellow metals.
Big Idea was officially appointed as the preferred PR agency for Bidders Choice in 2016.
- Compiling PR campaign strategy and action plan.
- Responsible for the execution and measurement of the campaigns.
- Responsible for the management, execution and measurement of the all-encompassing communication channel plan.
- Drafting and circulation of all press releases.
- Media management.
- PR reporting.
- Content creation and management.
Park Village Auctions
Brief: Park Village Auctions required the services of a PR agency that can manage the media during its online auction launch and continue to offer services to enable Park Village to build its brand as a thought and industry leader. The relationship further extended to reputation management during a crises period at Park Village.
- Media invitations and management during the launch.
- Compilation of press releases, distribution and follow-up, media tracking and reporting of the launch event PR.
- Responsible for the compilation of monthly positioning and educational press statements and measurement/ tracking of statements.
- Reputation management – Big Idea successfully managed the public relationship and reputation of Park Village when the business received bad publicity on Carte Blanche.
Result: The bad publicity ceased and Park Village’s reputation within the public eye remained intact and undamaged.
Brief: Van’s Auctioneers acquired the services of Big Idea during a large property auction.
- The compilation and distribution of press releases.
- Media relationship management.
- Detailed media report to indicate the success of the campaign.